Honey Soy Skillet Chicken
4 - 6 Pieces Chicken
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Black Pepper
1 T Vegetable Oil
1 cup Yellow Onion
1 T Garlic Clove Chopped
1 T Bay Leaf
2 3-1/2" Cinnamon stick
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Water
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a large plastic ag, add chicken, shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove chicken to a platter.
- Saute onion 3 minutes, until golden.
- Add garlic, fresh ginger and cinnamon sticks; saute until fragrant.
- Add honey, soy sauce and water. Stir until honey dissolves.
- Add chicken, bring to a simmer, cover and cook, turning chicken occasionaly, 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. I prefer 30 minutes just to be sure.
- Garnish with scallinos, serve with rice mixed with diced mango. Delicious!